About 18 months ago, I shared a list of resources on food addiction.
Because this continues to be a hot and controversial topic, I thought I would update the list to include more recent articles and podcasts.
- The HAES® files: Exploring Food Addiction by Marsha Hudnall, MS, RD (2013)
- Food Addiction: A Prelude by Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2013)
- Is Food Addiction A Real Thing? by Glenys O at Dare To Not Diet (2016)
- Help! I’m Addicted to Sugar! by Vincci Tsui, RD (2017)
- Sugar Addiction: A Summary of The Science by Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2018)
- But, Seriously, My Kid Is Addicted To Sugar - Discussion with Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT on More-Love.Org (2018)
- Why Fear of 'Sugar Addiction' May Be More Toxic Than Sugar Is by Rebecca Scritchfield, RD (2018)
- Food, Eating Disorders, and Addiction by Sarah J. Thompson (Resilient Fat Goddess) (2018)
- Food Psych #80: The Truth About "Food Addiction" with guest Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2016)
- Love Food Ep 6: I Am Addicted to Food with guest Marci Evans MS, CEDRD, cPT (2016)
- Nutrition Matters Podcast Ep 94: Food Addiction - Fact or Fiction? with guest Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2017)
- Love Food Ep 70: I'm a Food Addict with guest Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2017)
- Food Psych #139: The Truth About Weight-Loss Surgery & "Food Addiction" with guest Lisa DuBreuil (2018)
- Don't Salt My Game Ep 70: Body Image, Self-Compassion & "Food Addiction" with guest Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2018)
- All Fired Up: Sugar Hysteria with guest Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2018)
- Do No Harm: Food Addiction with guest Marci Evans, MS, CEDRD, cPT (2018)
- Dietitians Unplugged Ep 39: Is Sugar Addiction A Real Thing? with guest Tiffany Haug, MS, RD, EDOC (2018)
Do you see a bit of a trend here? ;) Marci is an amazing resource for anything food addiction. Check out her website!
If you are struggling with feeling out of control with food, and you have the resources to, please reach out to a health practitioner who practices from a non-diet, fat inclusive and Health At Every Size® perspective.
Do you have great resources that addresses the idea of food addiction? I would love to hear about them!